Your guide to events in Nelson, New Zealand
Thursday 4th October 2012
Building confidence and personal safety skills through hands-on practice with highly qualified instructors.
Using examples and activities we’ll practice skills to:
- Show awareness and confidence
- Move away from possible problems
- Use voice as a safety tool
- Set clear boundaries
- Deal with bullying
- Take the power out of mean words
- Get help from busy adults – and persist!
- Use physical self-defence skills in an emergency: with step-by-step coaching, kids will practise using their full force safely and effectively with a padded instructor