Your guide to events in Nelson, New Zealand
Thursday 6th–Sunday 9th December 2012
The 40/50 Tour is for riders 40 years old and over. It is a 7-stage cycle tour totaling 350km over 3 days in the Top of the South. Cycling begins @ 40!
2012 40/50 Tour Entry Package
Once stage 1 starts, you can enjoy the 40/50 Tour and not spend a cent, forget about your Eftpos and Credit Card and simply focus on one thing - bike riding.
Nearly every rider who has done the 40/50 Tour can't believe how it cheap it is, that speaks volumes for the entry package.
Where possible the tour adds touches of class, rewarding riders for hard efforts in the saddle.
The entry package is:
* 2 nights hotel accommodation
* 2 hotel breakfasts
* 3 evening meals - 3-course, very high quality dining
* 1 pub and 2 cafe lunches
* post stage drinks
* on road support - drink bottles on some stages
* spare wheels and technical support
* 7 racing stages over 3 days
* prizes drawn daily
* official 40/50 Tour leaders jerseys for winners to keep
* regular updates of results
* race numbers
The route passes through rolling farmland, vineyards, native forest and alpine regions.